Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Survivor!

Today was my first dreaded experience of EATING OUT! Only SIX days in and I faced my fears... I mean when you can't eat sugar, or carbs etc. it sometimes sends a person into panic, distress concern when they are in the position of not being able to plan what they eat.
I was out for a lovely lunch with my folks- and I REFUSE to make it a big deal that I'm doing a 30 day challenge (I can't handle being someone who can't live life because of the food choices they are making).  The choice of restaurant- Ellice Cafe - picked by my parents. I figured I would go there, scour over the menu and try to see what could work. Low and behold I was in luck and they had a 1/2 lb of roasted veggies!!!! (Funny thing was I had been to Ellice Cafe before and had never noticed they had that on the menu till today- ha!)
Let me tell you not only was it roasted veggies, but all the types of veggies that were in there were things I could eat (ie. no corn, or sweet potatoes, or carrots).
I know I didn't have protein in this mean, but my previous snack AND my following snack both had a portion of protein in them so I wasn't too worried... that and I'm sure if i asked for grilled chicken they would be able to do it.
Day 6 DONE! Already 1/5th finished!
Hope you are all doing well.
[k]

No comments:

Post a Comment